Temporary seasonal outdoor sales operations include Christmas tree sales,
firewood sales, crafts, new and/or used merchandise and food sales such as
snow-cone stands, and food trucks, when such temporary operations
exceed seventy-two (72) hours in a twelve (12) month period.
- Such temporary sales operations may be a principal use on a property or an outdoor operation in conjunction with, and subordinate to, any existing permitted permanent indoor retail establishment.
- Only one (1) temporary seasonal outdoor sales operation is permitted on a tract or lot.
- Portable signs may be approved for the duration of the temporary outdoor sales
operations when such sign is included in the approved operations site plan.
- A temporary outdoor sales operation on a single site shall not be approved for
more than three (3) occurrences in a calendar year, the total of which shall not
exceed one hundred fifty (150) days.
Such temporary outdoor sales operations shall require the submittal of an operations site plan for approval by the Planning Director, prior to setting up operations. At a minimum, the operations site plan shall show the following:
- Proposed location of sales areas
- Storage areas
- Parking areas
- Traffic flow and street access
- Fencing and signage in relation to existing improvements on the property