- Benbrook Economic Development Corporation
- Covid-19 Business Resources
Covid-19 Business Resources
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has impacted how business is being done throughout the world. Following is a list of resources that may be helpful to Benbrook businesses and organizations.
- CARES Act: Assistance to Small Businesses
- U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA Guidance for Businesses in Responding to COVID-19
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Loan Advance
- SBA Debt Relief
- Paycheck Protection Program
- SBA Dallas/Fort Worth District Office
- Federal Reserve
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS):
- Texas Rental Relief Program
- Office of the Governor (OOG): Visit the OOG website for a comprehensive list of resources and important COVID-19 updates.
- The OOG website also has a list of waivers issued by the Governor.
- Texas Music Office: Assistance Information and Resources For Music Industry Professionals Affected by COVID-19.
- Texas Workforce Commission (TWC): Visit the TWC website for resources available to employers and job seekers impacted by the COVID-19.
- Resources for Employers.
- The Commissioner for Employers’ legal team is available Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to answer employment law questions. Please contact them at 800-832-9394 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shared Work Program.
- Resources for Job Seekers
- If an individual’s employment has been affected by COVID-19 they may apply for benefits either online by using the Unemployment Benefits Services (UBS) or by calling TWC at 800.939.6631 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday. UBS can be accessed at any time. For additional information, visit TWC’s website.
- For questions about unemployment of employment insurance call 800.832.2829 or email email@example.com.
- Texas Comptroller (CPA): Visit the CPA websitefor tax-related information related to COVID-19.
- The agency is offering assistance in the form of short-term payment agreements, and in most instances, waivers of penalties and interest. To learn about options for remaining in compliance and avoiding interest and late fees on taxes due, contact the Enforcement Hotline at 800.252.8800.
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI): Visit the TDI website for an overview of insurance-related questions related to COVID-19.
- Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA): Visit the TDA website for an overview of information related to school meals, consumer protection, rural hospitals, weights and measures and licensing.
- Texas Health and Human Services: COVID-19: Guidance for Employers, Employees, and Customers of Reopened Retail Services
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The SBDC Tarrant County assists existing and prospective small business owners by offering a wide variety of services that include one-on-one advising, assistance with financing, accounting, market research, business plan development and marketing.
- SCORE has chapters throughout Texas and provides in-person and virtual counseling and mentorship. Visit SCORE Fort Worth website for more information.
- The Texas Restaurant Association (TRA): The COVID-19 pandemic crisis has brought upon the restaurant industry a challenge of catastrophic magnitude. To respond to this immediate financial need the TRA have established the TX RESTAURANT RELIEF FUND through the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit focused on the education and development of Texas’ restaurant industry workforce. To learn more on how to donate or apply for relief funding click here.
- The Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA) provided guidance to those directly or indirectly impacted.
- Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)are an alternative source of finance for small businesses. For additional information, please visit with each organization:
- SBA Lender Match: Connects Small Business with Participating SBA-approved Lenders
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating Coronavirus
- U.S. Chamber Disaster Help Desk
- National Restaurant Association: Coronavirus Information and Resources
- National Retail Federation: Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
- NFIB: Small Business Resources in Response to Coronavirus
- Texas International Produce Association: COVID-19 Update
- Texas Woman’s University - AssistHer Emergency Relief Grant
- American Farmland Trust: Farmer Relief Fund
- Southern Smoke Emergency Relief Fund: Southern Smoke is a crisis relief organization for people in the food and beverage industry.