Trash, Recycling, Environmental Programs
Trash and Recycling
- Household trash and recycling is collected once a week, on Wednesdays.
- Trash and recycling must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. Wednesdays.
- All trash MUST be in a closed plastic trash bag, even if it is in a container.
- Trash and recycling cannot be set out before 5 p.m. Tuesdays. It is a violation of city ordinance to place items out earlier.
- The 2022 holiday schedule will not be impacted. Trash and recycling will be collected on the regular scheduled day.
Republic Services customer support: 469-367-2493 or send an email.
Brush and Bulk Materials
Yellow Bag Program
For citizens who want to have their trash collected twice a week, the City of Benbrook offers the yellow bag program. The bags are sold during normal business hours at City Hall, 911 Winscott Road. The cost is $5.64 for a roll of 10 bags or $27.09 for a roll of 50. Republic Services collects the yellow bags on Saturdays at no additional charge.
Household Hazardous Waste
Benbrook residents may take household hazardous waste to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center, 6400 Bridge Street (817-392-EASY) during their business hours throughout the year. Be prepared to present identification as proof of Benbrook residency.
Thursdays and Fridays: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Automotive fluids (up to 10 gallons)
- Cleaners and chemicals (up to 10 gallons)
- Cooking oil (up to 10 gallons)
- Lawn/garden/pool chemicals (up to 20 gallons)
- Light bulbs (up to 20 bulbs)
- Paint and painting supplies (up to 30 bulbs)
What’s not accepted?
- Ammunition and explosives
- Appliances and electronics
- Building materials
- Bulk trash and yard waste
- Butane/propane cylinders
- Medicines and medical waste
- Asbestos/PCBs/radioactive items
Business, commercial and industrial waste cannot be accepted under Texas regulations
Account and Billing Information
Accounts and billing are managed by The Benbrook Water Authority (BWA), 1121 Mercedes Street. The BWA is an independent entity separate from the City. New residents will be signed up for trash and recycling service when they open a water service account. Residents may also pick up blue recycling bins at that time.
For 2022, the monthly residential fee, including sales tax, is $16.11. Please direct billing inquires to the BWA, 817-249-1250.
To report possible illegal dumping or a code compliance property violation, please contact the Code Compliance Department, 817-249-6087, email email@example.com.
Adopt-a-Mile ProgramThe City of Benbrook encourages individuals and groups to participate in the Adopt-a-Mile program. This program allows citizens the opportunity to contribute to a cleaner environment by getting together to clean up city roadways and park areas.
Participating groups self-monitor the road or park and plan clean-up events based on what works best for the group. Some groups plan monthly clean-ups, usually on Saturdays, or as the area dictates.
The City can provide trash bags and latex gloves as requested. Reflective vests are encouraged.
To participate, please review the Safety Rules and Guidelines, and then sign the Release Form and the Commitment form. Once completed, please submit them to Jared DeVries either by email or dropping them off at City Hall.
My Benbrook Mile Safety Rules and Guidelines
My Benbrook Mile Release Form
My Benbrook Mile Commitment Form
To determine an appropriate area for your group, or for any questions, please call Jared DeVries at 817-249-6008 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering participating in the Benbrook Adopt-a-Mile Program!