What do I need to obtain a building permit in the floodplain?
A completed Floodplain Modification and Development Permit Application, plus the applicable fee ($150.00 for Single Family and Community Facilities; $250.00 for Multiple Family, Commercial and Industrial) must be submitted to Permits and Inspections Department at City Hall. Along with the application, a plot plan and cross section of the proposed work is required. Depending on the complexity of the proposed project, additional information may be required, including a hydraulic engineering study, structural designs, or federal and state approvals.

Show All Answers

1. What is a floodplain?
2. How do I know if my property is in the floodplain?
3. Why is it necessary to know whether I am in the floodplain?
4. If I live in the floodplain, am I required to buy flood insurance?
5. I’ve heard that flood insurance is expensive. Can the City help reduce the cost?
6. Which floodplain regulations affect my property?
7. What do I need to obtain a building permit in the floodplain?
8. What is required to build a new home in the floodplain?
9. What are the penalties for violating floodplain regulations?
10. Where can I get more information about floodplains?